Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blowing bubbles.

The last few days I've been going a bit crazy blowing bubbles for Jake.

It reminded me of a fantasy I had one I was a kid. I imagined that each bubble was it's own universe, with physical laws and living beings and wars etc.

When the bubble burst, the universe ended. Some bubbles lasted longer than others and so these were the lucky "universes". But of course in the end, they would burst. Wind would throw them against a fence or the bubble would lose stability and explode in a rainbow of soap particles.

Naturally, I though that our universe too was a bubble that perhaps someone else had blown us into existence and was watching from an outside meta world that contained other "bubble universes" competing with our own.

Would ours be a long lasting universe? Or would the child stick his finger inside of us just as things got going? We'd see a beautiful rainbow explosion and then everything would end.

No comments:

Post a Comment