Monday, January 25, 2010

I want to learn how to draw.

One thing I'm horrible at - drawing. I haven't progressed in drawing since I was maybe 8 years old.

The other day I came across a website by a guy who decided he wanted to learn how to draw so he did one drawing for 2,000 days straight and posted each drawing on the site, no matter how bad. Well, after 2,000 days he was an artist. Literally.

It's truly amazing to see his progression. Anyone could do this. It would be hard though. Every day for 5 or 6 years? Scientists say that you need to practice at something for 10,000 hours before you become expert.

I've gone to a few bookstores to look for books about how to draw I quickly became intimidated. There are so many techniques and styles and things to draw I don't know where to start. Talking to people about drawing doesn't help because they just say things like, "Get a book. Draw something you like."

I don't know what I like. Maybe I'll take a drawing course? I need some guidance here. Throw me a fricken bone!







No comments:

Post a Comment