Monday, February 15, 2010

I saw 37 quilting magazines at my grocery store.

What the hell is quilting and why are there so many quilting magazines? I counted 37 today in the magazine section of the grocery store. 37!

I think quilting is like sewing. I think old people do it. Not sure because I never seen anyone looking at quilting magazines. So how can there be 37?

Let's assume they're quarterly magazines. That would mean there were 148 magazines last year at that grocery store just about quilting. If they're monthly, 444 magazines about quilting.

If each magazine has 5 articles or projects, that works out to between 740 and 2220. So we'll take a nice, round median of 1000.

1000 new articles about quilting per year - at that grocery store. That's a lot of quilting. There must be a demand for quilting or else there wouldn't be so many quilting magazines.

I must remember to ask some older people I know if they quilt. The thing is I don't know many older people. I asked my co-worker just now and she said her friend does it.

Well, her friend certainly has lots of resources in the quilting world.

No comments:

Post a Comment