Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My workplace has 17 different forms to fill out.

We have 17 different forms. We are a small, not-for-profit organization.

We have 2 full-time staff people and we send these forms to our over 500 members who complete the forms throughout the year, based on the situation.

Some of the forms are complicated and need signatures from different people. A couple of our forms need to be stamped by a notary or lawyer.

We have so many forms because our members created a large number of complicated rules. The rules are so complicated, that forms had to be created.

We store the forms in a large filing cabinet. Because we get such a large volume and variety of forms, and because I'm the only one responsible for the forms, I don't have time to look at them.

In other words, I receive them and file them. If I happen to notice a glaring error, I contact the person who filled out the form and ask them to do it again. Most of the time I don't bother.

In the summer we have to change all our forms because our members change the rules. We pay a lawyer to create our new forms.

He charges a lot of money. When he sends them to us, our computers can't read them because he creates them on a Macintosh computer. So I have to re-do them anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment