Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My boss is obsessed with the Olympics.

While it's certainly nice that we're hosting the Winter Games, it quickly gets tiring. It's really all you hear on the news, radio and street. Literally all the time. For months.

So now that the games have started, my boss has become obsessed. She has news alerts emailed to her and loudly announces various Olympic doings. "WE JUST WON A MEDAL!" or "DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS EVENT?"

She even comes over to our computers and forces us to watch clips of the Olympics on Youtube. She does this at work, while I'm trying to concentrate on something. At first, I politely responded. Now I just ignore it and let my other co-worker answer her questions.

I keep my back turned and pretend to squint in concentration at my monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment