Friday, August 7, 2009

American Gangster is the longest movie I've ever seen.

We rented American Gangster, with Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington, last weekend. Man, that was a long movie. It took us 3 viewing sessions and 2 full days to watch the thing. I returned the movie with 15 minutes to spare.

Here's what happened:

8pm - 10pm
[turn on the blu-ray and it asks if we want to watch the extended version.]


Me: Should we watch the extended version?
C: Yeah, maybe we should.
Me: Might be kind of long. Let's just watch the regular version.
C: Ok.

[Later]
Me: I'm tired do you want to go to bed?
C: Not yet.

[Later]
Me: I'm very tired now. Let's go to bed.
C: Ok.

Day 2, 2pm - 4pm

Me: Jake's napping. Do you want to finish the movie?
C: Yes.

[Later]
Me: Jake's up. We'll have to watch the rest tonight. I don't even think it's close to ending. The two main character's haven't met yet.

Day 2, 8pm-10pm
C: This is pretty slow paced.
Me: I hope I can return the movie on time.

1 comment:

  1. yes it's a very long movie.. but this one was a really good flick..And also let me say Josh Brolin as the crooked cop was great. I didn't need a side-story of him doing tons of drugs and banging prostitutes....but ya know he was doing it. so Watch American Gangster Online... have fun !!

    ReplyDelete