Sunday, August 30, 2009

Why do people carry so much stuff?

The other day my sister asked if I had a murse (man purse). I told her I simply carried a wallet. If I had a lot of stuff, I carry a backpack. Why do we carry so much?

Years ago when I worked at GM Place I was always surprised that people brought backpacks to games and concerts. Unless you were sneaking in booze, why carry a backpack to an indoor concert or hockey game?

That's why we searched all the backpacks. Most of them had books or clothes or containers of stuff. Why not leave that crap at home?

If you look at people on the street, almost everyone is carrying something. A purse, shopping bag or backpack. There are very few people walking around who carry nothing.

I'd love to ask each person what they're carrying. Also, I'd love to ask each person carrying nothing, why they don't have something.

I think you're more manly if you don't carry anything. A metro-sexual, feminized man would carry a backpack and man purse, filled with junk. A real man carries nothing but a credit card wrapped in cash.

2 comments: