Friday, March 5, 2010

An easy way to lose your job.

If you want to lose your job, just get your wife pregnant. Works every time.

For example, when Jake was born in 2007, a couple months after his birth, and the day before his heart surgery, my employer took me into a room and said they were laying me off.

Flash forward to the present. My employer just told me they were ending my contract early because they ran out of money. When? The same week that my next child is due.

This technique of losing our job by getting your wife pregnant works really well during a recession. It also works well in a tight-labour market.

It's great because at about the time in your life when you're most sleep-deprived, broke, overworked and exhausted you also get to look for a new job.


No comments:

Post a Comment