Friday, March 26, 2010

If I could go back in time I wouldn't be able to convince myself to invest in the internet.

If I could travel back in time to the glory days of the internet - back when I was in university - I wouldn't have been able to convince myself to invest in all today's popular websites.

I would have thought that Google was impossible. How can a search engine search the entire internet in 0.1 seconds?

Youtube - no way. I would have argued that people would simply just watch TV. The quality is better and America's Funnies Home Videos was a pretty bad show - a website of home videos would be just as bad.

Twitter. I would have argued that Twitter is a useless service. Why would anyone type what they're doing and send it to all their friends? Why wouldn't they just tell their friends what they're doing or - better yet - just meet their friends in person. Same with Facebook, though I would have thought the concept was pretty cool.

I do remember being very impressed with email at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment