Monday, September 28, 2009

I just want to play video games all day.

Actually, what I want to do is book a week off work, send Jake to daycare and send Cindy to her job. I want to open a beer, shut the blinds of my house and turn on NHL 09 on the PS3.

Then I want to play it for 8 hours a day. Full out for one full week. I want to create a new season in dynasty mode and be the coach, gm and player for 25 seasons in a row - doing draft picks, trades, plays and of course playing 80 game seasons.

Why? I have no idea. I guess it stems from being a kid and loving hockey. I guess part of me never grew out of it. I could just lose myself in the simulation. I could neglect cooking and cleaning and child-rearing.


Just become this self-destructive video game dude. When it's over, I'd like to brag about how I did in my season. If I won the Stanley Cup. My various team member stats.

My wife would be impressed. She'd say, "I'm so glad I married a man like this! He knows how to have fun!"

My son would be impressed. He's sign, "My Dad is one of the coolest guys I know. He loves playing games and one day he'll teach me how to play PS3 hockey."

My boss would say in a letter of recommendation, "Mr. Johnstone displayed outstanding initiative and competence."

It's a win-win, all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment