Saturday, September 19, 2009

Jake likes to play in a corner.

The daycare first told us a few weeks back that Jake loves to go to the corner and just sit there and play by himself, with his back is facing everyone else.

I didn't really believe it, then I noticed one day at daycare that he led me over to the corner. He kind of just leaned in. At home I've noticed it more often. He's usually carrying a toy and he scoots over on his bum and likes to wedge the toy into the corner.

This is a bit saddening if it's a social mechanism to avoid other people. Hopefully it's more of a quirk - he likes the way the walls angle into a corner. Probably just a phase.

By the way, I didn't know as a parent how many "phases" kids seem to go through. They seem quite random, and the lengths vary from a few days to a few months. I guess it's all part of growing up and exploring different behaviours.

2 comments:

  1. Kids like that safeness of confined spaces. It's like playing in a tent or fort or under a blanket. Nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe he just wants to be alone for awhile

    ReplyDelete