Friday, October 9, 2009

I like a nice, clean email inbox.

I've never understood why people keep hundreds or thousands of emails in their inbox. Don't you like a nice empty inbox? A clean box with just a few emails that have just arrived?

I like to create folders and move the emails into the appropriate folder. The fewer folders the better. "To Do", "Archive", "Hold". That's it.

This way I can keep my inbox as a to do list. Usually I start the day with about 20 emails. Then maybe another 20 arrive during the day. My goal is to get my inbox down to zero before I leave.
If I need to find an email in the past, I just do a search for key words.

Cindy hates that I've set up our home email this way. She often gets angry when she can't find an email that I've moved into a folder. She's one of those people that hold all their emails in the inbox and her system works perfectly well for her.

By the way, I also love an empty computer desktop. I try to have as few items on it as possible. I can't stand cluttered desktops. I have 5 items on my computer right now and I'd love to only have 2. The problem is I'm "sharing" a computer and I don't want to ruin my co-worker's system when she comes back from leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment