Sunday, October 25, 2009

Two weird things I do at work.

1) I found this cup filled with pens, pencils, highlighters, a toothbrush (?), markers and a ruler. It's one of those old-fashioned, wood rulers from way back in elementary schools. I now carry this ruler around wherever I go at work.

I love holding it! It has just the right amount of weight and thickness. I often slap my palm with the ruler as I walk around. If I'm going to a meeting and I walk into the office, SLAP! If someone asks me a question and I need to think for a few moments, I use the ruler to rapidly slap my palm as I think. SLAP, SLAP, SLAP.

Occasionally I use the ruler for drawing straight lines. For example, I use a marker to scratch out entries into the computer program. I always used to free-draw the line and it looked horrible. Now, with my ruler, I draw a perfectly straight line.

2) I hike my pants up pretty high. So my waist is just under my belly button. Sometimes I tuck my shirt in as well. It looks awful, ridiculous. When I do this at home, Cindy lambastes me and rightly. The thing is, this look feels so naturally in an office. Hiking your pants up like a dweeb feels good. It feels right. The only problem is that it makes your ass look huge. Because the ass part of your pants is halfway up your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment