Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This is my 100th post to the blog.

100 posts! And I haven't missed a day yet. I should celebrate with some kind of small, obscure personal event. Maybe when I'm driving I'llraise my arm out the window in a victory fist.

Or maybe I'll eat a forbidden and potentially dangerous, but extremely tasty piece of food.

There's a website that lists cool facts about each number. For 100 it says, "100 is the smallest square which is also the sum of 4 consecutive cubes." That doesn't sound very interesting to me.

I say 100 is a cool number because it's the first really big number you learn as a kid. Then, when you're an adult, 100 becomes a tiny, almost inconsequential number compared to some of the other numbers out there.

The biggest number in the world is a googplex, which looks like this:

10(10)(100) or Ten to the tenth power to the hundredth power. The number is so huge that there isn't enough room in the known universe to write out all the zeros. Also, the number could never be read or written because it would take more time than the age of the universe to read or write the number.

That's a big number.

But back to 100. One hundred is also cool because it's hundred times better or bigger than one. Meaning, if you just do one thing in your life, someone who does a hundred of these things is 100 times more experienced/wiser/better than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment