Friday, October 23, 2009

There's a group of people in my organization trying to overthrow my boss.

My boss was upset yesterday when she got wind of a coup d'etat. Apparently there's a group of people in our organization plotting her demise.

Ho hum. What's new? I think in any large, controversial organization there is always a group of people planning a regime change. That's just life.

This is especially true when you organization loses funding, and its viability has become shaky. Even if it's not the boss's fault (which it's not), some people will still want heads to roll.

That's what happens when you're the top staffer at an organization. The benefits are lots of money and power. The risks are fast, ignoble firings.

I'm surprised she didn't see this coming. Or maybe she did and is simply feigning outrage to the board of directors to get them more involved in our plight. (To get them to care. Those bored, stoney-faced bastards. Good luck.)

I love drama at work. Makes things so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment