Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This is how you walk in the rain.

I love watching people without umbrellas walk in the pouring rain. They're typically hunched over, eyes squinting in pain, face in a snarl. They look like they're being tortured.

It's just rain! I'm amazed that rain can do that to people. Almost everyone hunches. I tried walking in the rain today and noticed that I too look like I'm being tortured to death. The hunching helps me prevent the rain from hitting my face.

But - rain in the face feels good. I tried standing up straight and it certainly began splashing my face. It was a little cold, but not uncomfortably so. As soon as I came inside, the rain dried. My clothes were a little wet but they dried too.

Walking in the rain isn't so bad - as long as it's not freezing outside. Next time it's raining I'm going to try smiling and looking totally normal. No running, grimacing or hunching of the shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment