Friday, November 20, 2009

They changed the smell of our bathroom at work.

This morning I walked into our bathroom at work and it smells different. Sweeter. More vanillaey and bleachy.

It was jarring. I've been here for 7 months and my nose had quickly adjusted to the smell of the bathroom. I didn't notice it anymore. When I walked into the bathroom, if I noticed a smell at all, it was the foul smell of defecation.

Today it's all changed. The new smell is not unpleasant, just overpowering. I find myself wanting to breathe through my mouth - which isn't so good. If I breathe through my mouth it means the air won't filter through my nose hairs. I'll be breathing in raw shit particles.

I'm sure in a few weeks, my nose will perfectly adjust to this new bathroom smell. By then we're moving to a new location and THAT bathroom will have a smell.

By the way, when you move offices, here are the questions people often forget to ask:

- What is the bathroom like? Roomy? Clean? Smelly?
- Is there a place to go for a walk? Can you walk around the block or is it industrial wasteland?
- Can you walk to a decent/cheap place to buy lunch and/or coffee?
- Is there an adequate lunch room with a microwave, fridge, running water and coffee machine?
- Are there other people who work near you? Are they attractive? Are they your age, or are they really old?
- Is it too cold or too warm? Does the heat work? Is the air condition too powerful?

No comments:

Post a Comment