Friday, April 23, 2010

A few good quotes I came across.

There are dictionaries filled with quotations from famous personalities. I will never be in one. Even if I were famous, I'm just not that quotable.

I read The Prophet by Kahil Gibran and came across some outstanding quotes:

Your daily life is your temple and your religion.

For what is to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?

Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts, For they have their own thoughts. You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked, And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment