Saturday, April 10, 2010

Life doesn't wait for you.

I've always heard that life doesn't wait for you. It passes you by.

This isn't the case for my sister, who has been travelling in South America since the Fall. Apparently now her old apartment and her job are waiting for her when she returns in the next month.

I guess this is a good thing. You have something to come home to. But it's also a bit depressing. I was told that life goes on without you. Whenever you "come back" things are different.

That won't be the case for my returning sister. The same job and the same apartment.

It seems to me that whenever you're back, you should face a new situation. A new life. You could start over again and that's refreshing.

But returning to the same old has to be a bit of a downer. Within days, it will be like you never left. Your 6 month life journey will be reduced to a week's vacation.

That kind of sucks.

On the plus side, you don't have to worry. Things are in a holding pattern, and that can be comforting. It's all a matter of perspective I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment