Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My experience with Chinese food.

We ordered Chinese the other night and I thought I'd write about my experience. I haven't had Chinese food in ages. It reminds me of when I was a kid - our family would often go for Chinese food.

When we ordered they guy spoke broken English and he got part of our order wrong. Oh well. That's par for the course. It's expected.

Guess what? Chinese food tastes the same as when I was a kid. There has been no progress in Chinese food over the last 20 years. It's kind of like the Big Mac. The same wherever you go.

We got a lot of food for $30. 5 meals worth to be exact. I wonder how they stay in business? Food is expensive in BC. Where do they buy their food so that they can feed you 5 meals for $30?

The old joke with Chinese food is that you can stuff yourself and 30 minutes later you'll be hungry. I stuffed myself and it actually took 62 minutes before I felt hungry again.

They sent us 3 fortune cookies with forgettable positive fortunes. Jake was distrustful of his cookie and wouldn't try it, even though we told him it was a cookie. He enjoyed watching us break our cookies open, however.

We ordered 4 or 5 courses, but they all kind of blended together on my plate so that I didn't really know what I was eating by the end. So even the different dishes of Chinese food taste about the same.

We ended up throwing out a lot of it after the second day and 5th meal. By that point it no longer looked appetizing, and our palates were sick of it.

That is my 2010 Chinese food experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment