Sunday, April 18, 2010

A mini-confession.

I'd like to make a small, unimportant confession.

Whenever I hear the "David Suzuki Report" on the radio, I turn the station. It starts off with David Suzuki saying something like, "Here's another small thing change we can make for this planet that we all depend upon."

Then he suggests making a change to reduce consumption or waste or help the environment. I'm sorry but I don't want to hear it. It bores me.

I know this is bad. I should want to help the planet that we all depend upon. I should want to do these things.

I don't. Then I feel guilty for not wanting to listen to this very important public announcement.

Maybe it's because David Suzuki yelled at my wife when she was a little girl because she was too loud on his television set. Perhaps I'm holding some resentment toward him.


No comments:

Post a Comment