Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A guy remembered someone from his pre-natal class.

Yesterday at work the delivery man said to one of the teachers, "Gord?? Is that you??"

"It's me - Mike! From our pre-natal class!"

Not that surprising a conversation - until I tell you that their prenatal class was 22 years ago. He remembered him from 20 plus years ago!

In our prenatal class with Jake we didn't stay in touch nor make friends with any parents. Of course, Jake was too sick so we missed our reunion.

Also we were a shy group and none of the parents really talked to each other much.

I do remember a few people from the class. Most notably a couple named Tim and Robyn, who were sort of like the class clowns.

They were the ones who made jokes throughout the class. The cool kids.

Cindy and I began calling our prenatal class the "Tim and Robyn show" because the class would be all about Tim and Robyn and their challenges of pregnancy.

So I suppose I will remember them for awhile - maybe even 20 years. Certainly if I bumped into them I doubt I would recall their faces though.

This time around we're not doing a pre-natal class. No point. We are doing a hospital tour, however, and it costs $25.

It's also an hour and a half. Why does it need to be so long? Maybe that takes into account bathroom breaks and slow waddling? Maybe the actual tour is only 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment