Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tattoos are ugly.

I don't like tattoos. I think they're ugly and that people look better without them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind tattoo art. There are some amazing tattoo artists. I just don't like markings on the skin.

I realize I sound old- fashioned. I'm about 10 years older than when tattoos became acceptable - especially for young women. The Brittany Spears of the world.

Now I think at least half of women under the age of 35 have tattoos.

When you're young, you want a tattoo because they're cool. You don't think about how the tattoo is going to look on your loose, wrinkled skin when you're 50 years old.

I believe people generally don't like the decisions their younger selves made. Tattoos are the perfect example. Your younger self makes a short-sighted, dumb decision that your body has to live with its whole life.




No comments:

Post a Comment