Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The endless email.

I guess this would be considered a moderately interesting work story. Yesterday, a guy sent me an email I didn't understand. He said:

We still need our tour out form and roster filled out before I can send to the UK for their approval................[link]

I wrote him back:

Hi Bob, I'm confused by this email. Can you explain what you need me to do? Thanks,
Jim

He wrote back the exact same thing:

We still need our tour out form and roster filled out before I can send to the UK for their approval................[link]

I was greatly amused. I've never seen this before so I thought for a moment and wrote back:

Hi Bob, I'm confused by this email. Can you explain what you need me to do? Thanks,Jim

I was half hoping he'd write back the same email, but instead he wrote:

I don’t believe I can be any clearer – here are the procedures to follow for international tours....................................read the linked page, and forward to the school.

Okay, maybe that's not such a great story. But it helped break up the day. Plus when I told my wife she said I was "cheeky". And I needed a blog entry for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment