Friday, December 4, 2009

The most depressing liquour store I've ever seen.

Last Friday I went to the liquor store I usually go to to buy beer. I always dislike going there and I could never pinpoint the reason why.

I think I figured it out. First of all, it's a sausage factory. All guys. No women ever go there. The only women who work there are young, female cashiers who try to dress slutty, but can't really pull it off because they're not that pretty.

Second, the line is huge.

Third, while standing in the huge line, I looked around at all the other customers and they all looked like me. It was freaky. They were all about my height and body type. They wore my kinds of clothes and they all looked tired, out-of-shape and scruffy after a day's work.

They were "me" at different ages. In front of me was a Jim who was 5 years older. Behind me was a Jim in his mid-twenties. We were all heading home to our families after a week at work, buying beer so that we could relax.

They were all standing in line with me. We were all together. I hated it. This is what I've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment