Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm amazed at construction.

I'm still amazed that we can build new highways and bridges. Construction workers never seem to be working. They're aways just standing around watching one guy dig a hole.

I'm even more amazed that they can keep roads and highways and bridges open, at the same time that they're re-building or improving these same roads. That whole idea of keeping traffic flowing while they build around the cars seems so impressive to me.

The other day I was driving down the highway and I saw a sign that said in two weeks they were closing the highway for 10 minutes at 1am. They knew 2 weeks in advance that they were closing the highway for 10 minutes! Talk about great planning.

And only 10 minutes? Hell they can close it for a few hours and I'd be impressed. But 10 minutes and in the middle of the night? They're being super nice and considerate. I wonder what they're going to be doing for that 10 minutes that compels them to close the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment