Thursday, December 31, 2009

Jake loves sweeping the floor.

I need to buy Jake a small broom so he can help me sweep. Otherwise, he scoots over and grabs the broom from my hand and starts sweeping randomly.

While he's doing this, he's sitting in the dust pile on the floor, getting his bum covered in dirt and dust, and then dragging it around with him as he sweeps.

He seems to understand that I'm gathering dirt, but doesn't understand the overall purpose of sweeping - to clean the floor.

So I gave up and just let him help me sweep for 15 minutes. I was waiting for him to get bored. He didn't get bored. He loved it. He was concentrating hard. Sometimes the broom handle would hit his head (because it's so long and he's not coordinated).

Finally I sent him upstairs for a bath.

1 comment: